Hi! I'm sonicsonicboom, and welcome to this journal! This journal and the others are part of a 4-part series about the DDRPGChatroom. In this journal, we will be talking about stats and dice
. First we will talk about stats.
So, you might be asking, what are
stats? Stats are numbers in any RPG that determine things about your character. In my chatroom, there are 5 main stats: Strength, Speed, Defense, Magic, Mana, and Health. Strength determines how strong your character is. For every 1 strength, you get a +5 dmg (damage) boost. So if you were fighting an enemy with 30 HP, and your strength is 2, you would insta-kill it. Speed is how fast you are. If you have a higher speed than the enemy, you would attack first. Defense determines how much damage you take. 1 defense adds a -3 damage boost, so if an enemy attacked for 5 dmg, and you had 1 defense, you would take only 2 damage. Magic determines how strong your magic attacks are. 1 Magic adds a +2 damage boost. Now, you might be questioning, Why is strength +5 and magic +2? Well, the answer is, Magic attacks are WAY
more powerful than regular attacks, so the boost has to be lower so people don't get OP (overpowered). Mana is how much mana, magic points, etc. you have, so a person with a 15 Mana would have, well, 15 mana. Last is Health. You probably know what this means. (hint: HP)But that's not all. There are also temporary stats, called buffs
. Buffs are helpful things, like Regeneration, Defense Up, and Poison Attack. There are also debuffs
. They're like buffs, only bad. Some of them are Poison, Defense Down, and Strength Down. So whether it's a buff or debuff, Regeneration or Poison, stats always matter. Next we will talk about dice
. Dice determine things, such as how much damage you do, how much exp you get, anything! Here is a complete list of what dice do what:
- D2- Rolled 5 times. Determines if you run into an enemy or not. mostly 1=no mostly 2=yes
- D3- Rolled 3 times to determine Strength, Speed, and Defense.
- D4- Rolled once for every level of an enemy, every roll increases stats. 1=Strength +1 2=Speed +1 3= Defense +1 4=All +1
- D6- Determines if an enemy does a special attack. 1-5=no 6=yes
- D8- Rolled 5 times to determine if a critical hit happens. mostly 1-6=no 7 or 8=yes
- D10- Determines the special attribute of an enemy. 1-5=normal 6=Healer 7=Warrior 8=Enchanted 9=Enraged 10=Mysterious
- D12- Determines the amount of items dropped. 1-6=none 7-8=1 item 9-10=2 items 11-12=3 items
- D20- added to base magic damage
- D50- added to base melee damage
- D100- Rolled 2 times to determine EXP and gold. Multiplied by 2 for EXP.
That's it for the dice. Hope you have fun!